The Sikhashree scholarship is a West Bengal government scholarship grant paid to young students from backward (SC/ST) classes.
Students who are currently studying in classes 5th to 8th and belong to the Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) communities of West Bengal with a family income less than 2.5 lakhs can apply for the Sikhashree scholarship.
This financial assistance was previously given in two categories, the books grant and the maintenance grant.
Later the government of West Bengal brought these two financial assistance schemes for the students of the SC and ST categories under the same scheme and named it the Sikshashree or Sikhashree Scholarship Scheme.
In this article, you will get to know the following details regarding the Sikshashree scholarship scheme 2022 – 2023:
Let’s see each of these points in detail…
About Sikhashree scholarship 2022 – 2023
|Name of Scholarship||Sikhashree Scholarship|
|Provided By||West Bengal Government|
|Beneficiaries||Backward class Students (Class 5 – 8) of West Bengal|
|Amount||Up to Rs. 800 per year|
|Objective||Financial Support to meritorious Students from backward-class low-income families|
Eligibility for Sikhashree scholarship 2022-2023
The eligibility criteria to apply for the Sikshashree Scholarship 2022 – 2023 are,
- The student must be a resident of West Bengal.
- The annual income of the student’s family must be less than 2.5 lakhs.
- The student must be studying as a day scholar in any school in West Bengal in classes 5 to 8.
- The student must not be getting any other financial assistance from the state or central government.
Sikhashree scholarship amount 2022-2023
The class-wise scholarship amount provided to ST/SC students are:
|CLASS 5||Rs. 500 per year|
|CLASS 6||Rs. 650 per year|
|CLASS 7||Rs. 700 per year|
|CLASS 8||Rs. 800 per year|
Documents required for Sikhashree scholarship 2022-2023
The documents that you need to apply with the application form in order to apply for the Sikhashree scholarship are,
- Aadhar card
- Parents income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Residential proof
- Passport size photo
- School certificate
- Bank account details
Important Dates of Sikhashree Scholarship 2022 – 2023
|Last date of Application||05.10.2021|
FAQs regarding Sikhashree Scholarship 2022 – 2023
What is the Sikhashree Scholarship amount?
The scholarship amount under the Sikhashree scholarship scheme is Rs. 500 – Rs. 800 and depends on which class you are in.
Who are eligible for the Sikhashree scholarship scheme?
Students from the SC and ST categories of West Bengal studying in Classes 5- 8 with an annual family income of fewer than 2.5 lakhs are eligible for the Sikhashree scholarship.
FIND MORE WB SCHOLARSHIPS
- Medhashree Scholarship 2022 – 2023 for WB OBC Students
- Aikyashree to SVMCM Scholarship Convert (Upgrade) 2023
- Swami Vivekananda (SVMCM) Scholarship Status Check 2023
- Aikyashree Scholarship status check (Track Application) 2021-22
- Oasis Scholarship Status Check online 2022 – 2023 West Bengal
- Kanyashree Prakalpa Scholarship for Girls 2022 -2023
- Aikyashree Scholarship 2022 – 2023 Online Renewal Process
- Aikyashree Scholarship Online Application Process 2021 – 22
- Swami Vivekananda (Bikash Bhavan) Scholarship 2021-22