The West Bengal government provides Economically Weaker Section (EWS) certificate to general category students and unemployed candidates.
They are for those who come from families with low incomes.
10% of the seats in government services and various institutions within West Bengal are reserved for candidates that belong to the EWS category.
To apply for these reserved seats you need to have the EWS certificate.
Only candidates belonging to the general category can apply for this certificate.
In this article, you will get to know no the following points about the West Bengal economically weaker section certificate,
Let’s see each of these in detail…
About West Bengal EWS certificate
|Document Name||EWS Certificate|
|Beneficiaries||Economically weaker residents of West Bengal|
|Benefits||Reservation in Jobs and Educational Institutions|
|Certificate Validity||End of Financial Year|
The West Bengal government provides 10% reservation in various government jobs and during admissions in schools and colleges in the state of West Bengal for economic weaker section (EWS) candidates.
In order to be eligible to apply under these reserved seats, you need to have an EWS certificate.
This certificate is issued by the West Bengal government and is valid for that financial year.
Eligibility for West Bengal EWS certificate
You need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) certificate in West Bengal.
- The applicant should not belong to the SC/ST or OBC category.
- The annual family income of the candidate must be below 8 lakhs per annum.
- The family of the applicant must not have more than 5 acres of agricultural land.
- The family of the applicant must not have a residential flat of more than 1000 sq ft.
- The family of the applicant must not have a residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities.
- The family of the applicant must not have a residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
If you have multiple flats or land, the area to determine your eligibility will be calculated by adding the area of all these flats or lands.
In the eligibility criteria, the term “family” includes the applicant. his or her parents, siblings below the age of 18, and also is his/her spouse and children.
Benefits of West Bengal EWS Certificate 2021
Any general category job candidates or students holding an EWS certificate are entitled to the 10% reservation in government jobs or for admission to any institution in West Bengal.
How to apply for EWS certificate in West Bengal
In West Bengal, you need to apply offline to get an EWS certificate from the government of West Bengal.
To apply for the EWS certificate in West Bengal,
- First, you need to download the application form (Annexure A).
- Fill up your personal, income and assets details correctly and carefully.
- Next, attach the copy of the the required documents along with the application.
The application along with the documents should then be submitted to any of the authorities is mentioned below.
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate.
- Sub-Divisional Officer.
- DWO, Kolkata for applicants from KMC Area.
Application Form for West Bengal EWS Certificate application
You can download the PDF version of the application form (ANNEXURE – A) and the Self Declaration (ANNEXURE – B) from the link below.
Documents Required for EWS certificate application
Document required for an Economically Weaker Section (EWS) certificate in West Bengal are:
- Voter Card or Citizenship Certificate of self or parents.
- PAN Card of Self or Parents.
- Age Proof such as Birth Certificate issued by component authority / Admit Card of Madhyamik or equivalent examination.
- Pay Slip of Self or Parents (for salaried persons).
- Income Certificate for prescribed Authorities.
- Residential Certificate.
- RoR / Parcha / Registered Deed.
- Certificate in support of sub-caste from Gram Panchayat Pradhan or from Chairman of Municipalities, Councillor of Municipal Corporations.
- Self-declaration in regard to family income, assets and Sub-Caste in the prescribed format in Annexure-B.
How long does it take to get the EWS Certificate in West Bengal?
On average, it takes 2-3 weeks to get an EWS certificate in West Bengal.
How long is the EWS certificate valid?
The EWS certificate issued by the issuing authority is valid till the end of the financial year, i.e., 31st March.
[Get Regular Job-Related Updates on our Facebook Page. Like the page.]
CHECK OUT LATEST JOB VACANCIES
- Aikyashree Scholarship Institute Profile Update Process 2023
- Banglar Shiksha SMS Portal Login Process (For Teachers) 2023
- How To Enter Marks On SMS Portal (Banglar Shiksha) 2023
- WBHRB Staff Nurse (Grade -II) in West Bengal 2023 – Salary
- 8 Trending Topics for Group Discussions during Interviews
- ICDS Anganwadi Supervisor in West Bengal 2023 – Salary, Exam
- NREGA Payment Status Check Online Process 2023
- Civic Volunteer Recruitment West Bengal 2023 – Vacancies, Eligibility
- Medhashree Scholarship 2022 – 2023 for WB OBC Students