The Nabanna Scholarship, also known as the Uttar Kanya Scholarship, is provided to students who passed the Madhyamik Examination or Higher Secondary exam or any University examination.
This scholarship is funded by the West Bengal Chief Minister’s Relief Fund and is therefore also known as WBCMO Scholarship.
In this article, you will get to know the following details about the West Bengal Nabanna/Uttar Kanya Scholarship 2021:
- How to apply
- Selection Process
- Important Dates
Now let’s see each of these points in detail…
About West Bengal Nabanna (Uttar Kanya) scholarship 2021
|Name of Scholarship||Nabanna Scholarship/Uttar Kanya Scholarship|
|Provided By||West Bengal Chief Minister Relief Fund|
|Beneficiaries||Students of West Bengal|
|Minimum Eligibility||65% in 10th Class|
|Amount||Up to Rs.10,000|
|Objective||Financial Support to meritorious Students from low-income families|
The Nabanna (Uttar Kanya) scholarship is provided to the students who have passed 10th or 12th level examinations or equivalent and will attempt high secondary level examinations or graduation level examinations respectively.
Thus, the chief minister relief fund Nabanna scholarship(2021) WBCMO is available for the students currently studying in standards 11, 12, or are studying in any college or university.
Eligibility for Nabanna (Uttar Kanya) scholarship 2021
Although there are no caste barriers, there are certain conditions applicable to getting the scholarship.
You need to fulfill the following criteria for applying for Chief Minister Nabanna Scholarship 2021 application form.
- The student must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The students must pass the last examination from West Bengal board, council or any university of West Bengal.
Students are eligible to apply for the Nabanna (Uttar Kanya) Scholarship if he/she scores the following percentage in their last exam based on the level they are applying for.
|Higher Secondary Level||65% in Class X|
|Under Graduate Level||60% in HS or equivalent|
|Post Graduate Level||55% in UG|
Apart from this, the students will also have to currently study in any institution within West Bengal.
Students scoring more than 75% marks are not eligible for the Chief Minister Relief fund scholarship.
Family Income Criteria
The annual income of the family of the student must not exceed Rs. 60,000 per year.
A candidate whose annual family income is more than this amount is not eligible for the scholarship.
Students who are under the purview of any other State government or Central government scholarships are not eligible to apply for the Nabanna or Uttar Kanya scholarship 2021.
Scholarship amount of Nabanna (Uttar Kanya) scholarship 2021
Students who are eligible and shortlisted under the Nabanna Scholarship will get an annual sum of up to Rs 10,000 based on their current course and educational level.
How to apply for Nabanna (Uttar Kanya) scholarship 2021
The method of application is generally offline. You can fill-up the form by downloading the application form.
However, the previous year an email was provided to apply for the Nabanna/Uttar Kanya scholarship.
We will update the details as soon as the Official Notification is out.
Application Form for Nabanna (Uttar Kanya) scholarship application
You can download the form from the Official Website of WBCMO. The download form link will be updated as soon as the form is out.
Documents Required for Nabanna (Uttar Kanya) scholarship application
The essential documents that you need to attach with your application form are,
- Mark sheet of the last exam passed.
- Admission receipt of the current course you are Pursuing.
- Photocopy of Bank Passbook front page / cancelled cheque.
- Aadhar Card.
- Income Certificate from Gazzeted Officer – A.
- Rank Card of Entrance Examination.
- Recommendation letter of MLA or MP
- Self Declaration signed by the head of the Institution.
Steps to apply for Nabanna (Uttar Kanya) scholarship
To apply for Nabanna/Uttar Kanya Scholarship,
- First, download the application form and take a printout.
- Fill up the application form properly.
- Attach the recommendation letter of MLA/MP.
- Attach Self Declaration signed by the head of the Institution.
- Attach all the other required documents as applicable.
- Submit the application physically at Nabanna or Uttar Kanya or email it.
Address to submit Nabanna (Uttar Kanya) scholarship application
The addresses to submit the WBCMO Scholarship application are,
|For South Bengal Students||Nabanna, 14th Floor, 325 Sarat Chatterjee Road, Shibpur, Howrah- 711102|
|For North Bengal Students||Uttarkanya, P.O.Satellite Township, Fulbari, Jalpaiguri-734015|
Selection Process of Nabanna (Uttar Kanya) Scholarship 2021
The selection of the students for the Nabanna/Uttar Kanya Scholarship will be done on the basis of merit of the previous examination and family income.
The students who will be selected for the scholarship will get the money directly in their bank account.
Important Dates of West Bengal Nabanna Scholarship 2021
There is no particular starting and ending date for the application process for Nabanna Scholarship. You can apply anytime during the season.
What is the helpdesk number WB Nabanna Scholarship?
The helpdesk number of the Nabanna Scholarship is 033 2214 5555 / 2214 3101
What is the helpdesk e-mail WB Nabanna Scholarship?
The helpdesk e-mail of the Nabanna Scholarship is email@example.com
How to apply for Nabanna Scholarship?
You can apply for the Nabanna scholarship by submitting the application form offline along with the required documents at Nabanna.
FIND MORE WB SCHOLARSHIPS
- Medhashree Scholarship 2022 – 2023 for WB OBC Students
- Aikyashree to SVMCM Scholarship Convert (Upgrade) 2023
- Swami Vivekananda (SVMCM) Scholarship Status Check 2023
- Aikyashree Scholarship status check (Track Application) 2021-22
- Oasis Scholarship Status Check online 2022 – 2023 West Bengal
- Kanyashree Prakalpa Scholarship for Girls 2022 -2023
- Aikyashree Scholarship 2022 – 2023 Online Renewal Process
- Aikyashree Scholarship Online Application Process 2021 – 22
- Swami Vivekananda (Bikash Bhavan) Scholarship 2021-22