The West Bengal government has recently introduced the Student Credit Card scheme for the students residing in West Bengal.
This is done to help the student pursue higher education without any financial restrictions.
Under the WBSCC scheme, students can take a collateral-free education loan up to Rs 10 lacs at a low simple interest.
This loan amount could be used to pursue Secondary, Higher Secondary, Undergraduate, and Postgraduate studies including professional degrees and other courses like ITI, Diploma, Polytechnic, etc.
In this article, you will get to know the following details about the West Bengal Government’s new Student Credit Card Scheme 2021:
Now let’s see each of these points in detail…
Student Credit Card full details video in Bengali:
You can watch the video if you want.
About West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme
|Name of the scheme||West Bengal Student Credit Card|
|Launched by||Government of West Bengal|
|Beneficiaries||Students of West Bengal|
The West Bengal government announced this scheme in June 2021.
Under the scheme, if you are a student residing in West Bengal and pursuing education in class 10 or above, you can apply for a loan up to Rs. 10 lacs.
The loan can be availed at a very low rate of interest and without any collateral.
After your loan is approved, you will be given a credit card, and using this credit card you can withdraw the loan amount.
You can apply for this scheme both online and Offline.
Loan Amount under WB Student Credit Card Scheme
The maximum amount of loan that you can apply for under this scheme is Rs. 10 lacs.
Students can claim this loan in one go or in phases as per the need. The state government will stand as guaranteer for the loan.
The loan will be provided by Nationalised banks and various cooperative banks.
Eligibility for Student Credit Card scheme West Bengal
The eligibility criteria to apply for the loan is given below:
- Applicant must be a resident of West Bengal for 10 years.
- Applicant must be below 40 years of age.
- Applicant must be a parmanent resident of West Bengal.
- Applicant must be studying in class 10 or above in any private as well as government institute.
Documents required for Student Credit Card scheme
The documents required to apply for Student Credit Card Scheme in West Bengal are,
- Aadhar card/Class 10th Board registration certificate
- Address certificate
- Age proof
- PAN card/ undertaking if PAN not available
- Admission Receipt
- Relevant page of the brochure / document detaining course fee /tuition fee
- Income certificate of parents
- Bank account details
- Mobile number
- Passport size photograph
Student Credit Card scheme West Bengal interest rate
The loan amount with be charged at a simple interest rate of 4% p.a. This interest is below the standard interest of an education loan.
The loan will be provided without any security or collateral security in a tangible or intangible form other than the co-obligation of parents.
Though the interest rate is 4%, if paid during the study period, there will be a further rebate of 1 % according to sources.
Repayment of loan under WB Student Credit Card scheme
According to the West Bengal government’s announcement, the student needs to repay the loan amount with interest within a period of 15 years after getting a job.
Benefits of West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme
The benefits you can claim using the student credit card are,
- Students can persue Seondary, Higher Secondary, Graduation, Post Graduation, PhD and post doctoral using this credit card.
- Students can persue various courses like ITI, Diploma, Polytechnic, etc.
- Students can take admission in coaching centers for various competitive exams using this credit card.
- Students can take admissions in foreign universities using this credit card.
- Students can pay Tution fee, Course fee, examination fee, etc. using the credit card.
- Upto 30% of the loan amount can be used for non-institutional expenses like buying books, computers and study tours.
Limitations of Student Credit Card scheme West Bengal
The Credit Card scheme has the following limitations:
- The loan can be used for educational purposes only.
- It can be availed by parmanent residents of West Bengal only.
- Students studing below class 10 cannot apply for the loan.
FAQs regarding Student Credit Card scheme West Bengal
What is the helpline number for Student Credit Card scheme in West Bengal?
State Help Desk no. of the SCC scheme is 18001028014 (Toll-free)
What is the support Email for the Student Credit Card scheme in West Bengal?
The support mail ID for student Credit Card Scheme West Bengal: email@example.com
What is the interest under Student Credit Card scheme?
The loan amount is charged at 4% simple interest.
Can students in private institutes apply for the scheme?
Yes. Students in Class 10 and above in both private and government institutes can apply for the scheme.
You can read more about the Student Credit card scheme of the West Bengal Government on their official website at wbscc.wb.gov.in.
FIND MORE WEST BENGAL SCHEMES
- KALIA Yojana List 2023 – Check Beneficiary List Online Odisha
- KALIA Yojana e-KYC 2023 – How to complete eKYC online Odisha
- KALIA Yojana Application Status Check Online Odisha 2023
- Seva Sindhu Application Status Check Online process 2023
- West Bengal Student Internship Programme 2023 – Eligibility, Salary
- Paray Shikshalay Prakalpa West Bengal Primary Education 2022
- Sabooj Sathi Scheme West Bengal 2023 – Search Beneficiary
- West Bengal Yuvashree Scheme Bekar Vata Online Apply 2023
- West Bengal govt employees holidays list 2022 – Download PDF
Disclaimer: The information provided in the article is collected from publicly available sources and government websites and may not be 100% accurate. The information is for educational purposes only and cannot be used for legal purposes.