The Kanyashree Prakalpa is a scholarship scheme for girl students in the state of West Bengal.
This scheme provides an incentive to all teenage girls for attending schools which in turn helps prevent early marriages and improve the status of education among girls.
The Kanyashree scheme was even awarded by the United Nations.
The scheme was introduced by the department of women’s development and social welfare of the government of West Bengal.
In this article, you will get to know the following points about the Kanyashree scholarship:
- How to Apply
- Track Application
- Renewal and Upgradation
Let’s see each of these points in detail…
About Kanyashree Prakalpa scholarship 2021 – 2022
|Name of Scholarship||Kanyashree Prakalpa Scholarship|
|Provided By||West Bengal Government|
|Beneficiaries||Class 8 – 12 of West Bengal|
|Amount||Rs. 750 per year + Rs. 25000 one time|
|Objective||A financial incentive to girl students from low-income families to complete education.|
Eligibility for Kanyashree Prakalpa scholarship 2021 – 2022
In order to be eligible for the Kanyashree (K1) scholarship amount,
- The student must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- The student must be between the age of 13 and 19 years.
- The student must be enrolled in class 8 to class 12 or enrolled in an equivalent course (Vocational Training, etc.).
- The annual family income of the student must not cross 1,20,000 per annum.
- The student must be unmarried.
- The student must have a bank account in her own name to receive the scholarship amount.
Categories of Kanyashree scholarship 2021 – 2022
There are three categories of the Kanyashree Scholarship provided by the West Bengal government:
|Category||Age Limit||Type of Scholarship|
|Kanyashree K1||13-18 years||Annual|
|Kanyashree K2||18-19 years||One Time|
|Kanyashree K3||No Minimum Age||Monthly|
In this article, we are only be discussing the Kanyashree K1 and K2 categories.
To know about the K3 Scholarship, see West Bengal Kanyashree K3 Scholarship – Eligibility, Amount.
Scholarship amount for Kanyashree scholarship 2021 – 2022
|Kanyashree (K1)||Rs. 750 Annually|
|Kanyashree (K2)||Rs. 25,000 One-Time|
Under the Kanyashree K1 Scholarship, the student receives an annual scholarship amount of Rs. 750 per year in their bank account.
She then receives the Kanyashree K2 one-time scholarship amount of Rs. 25, 000 once she reaches the age of 18 years and is still unmarried.
How to apply for Kanyashree Scholarship 2021 – 2022
The process to apply for the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scholarship is offline and is done through the institute the student is enrolled in.
To apply for the Kanyashree Prakalpa scholarship,
- First, collect the application form from the institution that the student is currently enrolled in.
- Next, fill up all the details in the form carefully such as name age income details bank details etc
- Attach all the documents required along with the form.
- Submit the form at the institution the student is enrolled in
- You will get an acknowledgment receipt from the institution.
Documents required for Kanyashree application 2021
To apply for the Kanyashree Prakalpa Annual scholarship, the documents that you need are,
- Age proof document
- Income certificate of the family
- Enrollment certificate from the head of the institution or training.
- Self declaration of being unmarried
- Photocopy of the passbook
- Certificate of disability (for PwD category)
Application status check of Kanyashree Prakalpa Scholarship 2021 – 2022
To track the status of your Kanyashree application,
- First, go to the official website of the WB Kanyashree Prakalpa.
- Once the homepage opens up in front of you click on track application status.
- A new page will open up.
- Select year, type of scheme, then enter application ID and date of birth.
- Enter the captcha code and click on submit.
- The application status will be displayed on your screen.
Renewal and Upgradation of Kanyashree Scholarship 2021 – 2022
Once you enroll for the Kanyashree K1 scholarship, the head of your institution will automatically renew your application every year, till you reach the age of 18.
You may need to submit a self-declaration about your unmarried status during the renewal process.
Once you turn 18, you may need to upgrade your Kanyashree Scholarship status from K1 to K2.
You need to fill up an application form to upgrade your scholarship status to K2. Once done you will receive the one-time payment of Rs. 25000 in your bank account.
Where to get help regarding Kanyashree Scholarship?
You need to contact your head of the institution regarding any help related to the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scholarship.
How to renew my Kanyashree Scholarship?
Your Kanysahree Scholarship is automatically renewed by the head of the institution of the institute you are studying in.
FIND MORE WB SCHOLARSHIPS
- Aikyashree to SVMCM Scholarship Convert (Upgrade) 2022
- Swami Vivekananda (SVMCM) Scholarship Status Check 2022
- Aikyashree Scholarship status check (Track Application) 2021-22
- Oasis Scholarship Status Check online 2021 – 2022 West Bengal
- Kanyashree Prakalpa Scholarship for Girls 2021 -2022
- Aikyashree Scholarship 2021 – 2022 Online Renewal Process
- Aikyashree Scholarship Online Application Process 2021 – 22
- Swami Vivekananda (Bikash Bhavan) Scholarship 2021-22
- SVMCM (Bikash Bhawan) Scholarship Online Application 2022