In West Bengal, primary teachers are recruited by the Government of West Bengal based on vacancies in various government schools all over the state.
Primary teachers are recruited at a district level under the Department of School Education, Government of West Bengal.
In this article, you will get to know about the following points related to West Bengal Primary School Teachers:
Let’s see each of these points in detail…
Job Profile of WB Primary School Teachers
The job profile of a West Bengal primary school teacher includes,
- Teaching all subjects to students from classes 1-5.
- Carrying out various extra-curicullar activities among students.
West Bengal Primary School Teachers Salary 2022
West Bengal primary school teachers got a salary hike after the ROPA 2019 or the 6th pay commission.
The starting salary breakdown of a primary school teacher in West Bengal after ROPA 2019 is,
|Salary Breakdown||Amount (Rs.)|
So the starting gross salary is about Rs. 33,735 per month (without increment).
A primary school teacher in West Bengal also receives the following deduction in salary.
|GPF||1734 (Min. 6% of Basic Pay)|
So a West Bengal primary school teacher receives a salary of Rs. 31, 791 per month in hand after deductions.
Eligibility Criteria of West Bengal Primary School Teachers
A candidate needs to fulfill certain eligibility criteria to get selected as a primary teacher in West Bengal.
A candidate must have any of the following educational qualifications to be eligible to become a primary school teacher under the West Bengal government:
- Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary pass with at least 50% marks and a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ei.Ed.)
- Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary pass with at least 50% marks and Diploma in Education (Special Education), recognised by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI).
- Graduation in any subject and a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ei.Ed.).
The age limit to be a primary teacher in West Bengal is 18-40 years.
Recruitment Exams for West Bengal Primary School Teachers 2022
In order to be eligible to become a primary teacher, a candidate needs to qualify in the West Bengal Primary Teacher Eligibility Test (WBTET).
How to become a primary teacher in West Bengal
If you want to become a primary school teacher in West Bengal government schools,
- First, you need to obtain the eligible educational qualification.
- Once obtained, you need to give the WB Primary TET examination and qualify.
- Next, you need to clear the interview round and get selected.
- Then you will get your appointment letter and will be appointed in a primary school under the West Bengal government.
What is the minimum educational qualification for primary teachers in West Bengal?
A candidate must have a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ei.Ed.)
What is the starting salary of a primary teacher in West Bengal?
A primary teacher in West Bengal receives a gross salary of Rs. 33, 735 per month. (Approx.)
FIND SIMILAR WB GOVT POST DETAILS
- West Bengal govt employees holidays list 2022 – Download PDF
- Upper Primary School Teachers West Bengal 2021 – Salary
- Primary School Teachers in West Bengal 2022 – Salary, Exam