In West Bengal, upper primary school teachers are recruited by the Government of West Bengal based on vacancies in various government schools all over the state.
Upper primary teachers are recruited at a district level under the Department of School Education, Government of West Bengal.
In this article, you will get to know about the following points related to West Bengal Upper Primary School Teachers:
Let’s see each of these points in detail…
Job Profile of West Bengal Upper Primary School Teachers
The job profile of a West Bengal upper primary school teacher includes,
- Teaching students of classes 6-8 in government schools.
- Carrying out various extra-curicullar activities among students.
West Bengal Upper Primary School Teachers Salary 2021
West Bengal upper primary school teachers got a salary hike after the ROPA 2019 or the 6th pay commission.
The starting salary breakdown of an upper primary school teacher in West Bengal after ROPA 2019 is,
|Salary Breakdown||Amount (Rs.)|
|Basic Pay||33, 400|
So the starting gross salary is about Rs. 38, 910 per month (without increment).
An upper primary school teacher in West Bengal also receives the following deduction in salary.
|GPF||2004 (Min. 6% of Basic Pay)|
So a West Bengal upper primary school teacher receives a salary of Rs. 36, 696 per month in hand after deductions.
Eligibility Criteria of Upper Primary School Teachers in West Bengal
A candidate needs to fulfill certain eligibility criteria to get selected as an upper primary teacher in West Bengal.
A candidate must have any of the following educational qualifications to be eligible to become an upper primary school teacher under the West Bengal government:
- Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary pass with at least 50% marks and a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ei.Ed.)
- Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary pass with at least 50% marks and Diploma in Education (Special Education), recognised by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI).
- Graduation in any subject and a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ei.Ed.).
- B.Sc/BA or equivalent education.
- Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) with 50% marks.
The age limit to be an upper primary teacher in West Bengal is 18-45 years.
Recruitment Exams for West Bengal Upper Primary School Teachers 2021
In order to be eligible to be recruited as an upper primary teacher, a candidate needs to qualify in the West Bengal Upper Primary Teacher Eligibility Test (WBTET).
Upper Primary assistant teachers are also recruited through the West Bengal School Service Commission Exam.
How to become an upper primary teacher in West Bengal
If you want to become an upper primary school teacher in West Bengal government schools,
- First, you need to obtain the eligible educational qualification.
- Once obtained, you need to give the WB Upper Primary examinations and qualify.
- Next, you need to clear the interview round and get selected.
- Then you will get your appointment letter and will be appointed in an upper primary school under the West Bengal government.
What is the minimum educational qualification for upper primary teachers in West Bengal?
A candidate must have a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ei.Ed.)
What is the starting salary of an upper primary teacher in West Bengal?
An upper primary teacher in West Bengal receives a gross salary of Rs. 36, 696 per month. (Approx.)
FIND SIMILAR WB GOVT POST DETAILS
- Banglar Shiksha SMS Portal Login Process (For Teachers) 2023
- How To Enter Marks On SMS Portal (Banglar Shiksha) 2023
- WBHRB Staff Nurse (Grade -II) in West Bengal 2023 – Salary
- ICDS Anganwadi Supervisor in West Bengal 2023 – Salary, Exam
- Civic Volunteer Recruitment West Bengal 2023 – Vacancies, Eligibility
- West Bengal govt employees holidays list 2022 – Download PDF